EXAMPLE 2018 2019 Lease Addendum
We expect you to behave as you would in your parent’s home.
All Leo’s Quality Student Rentals homes are located in the University Park neighborhood. Therefore, out of respect for your neighbors, you must limit noise disturbances at all times, particularly during “Quiet Hours”. “Quiet Hours” begin at 10:00 p.m. each and every evening until 7:00 a.m. each morning. This means that your neighbors should not be able to hear you or your stereos, televisions, computers, etc. during these restricted hours. Please move the get together inside and keep all doors and windows closed as “Quiet Hours” approach. Violating these rules may cause complaints to be filed with the University of Dayton and/or the City of Dayton by your neighbors and could cause the number of students in the house to be reduced. Noise complaints shall also result in a Lease Violation Notice (LVN).
Any violation of these rules, the lease agreement, or Ohio Landlord-Tenant Law will result in a Lease Violation Notice (LVN) being sent to you and a copy may be sent to your parents. The first LVN is a $200 fine. The second LVN is a $400 fine, and the third LVN is a $600 fine, after that we may choose to evict you. If police are called to your residence for any reason other than a crime against you or the property, we may also choose to evict. A LVN may be issued in conjunction with separate fines listed below. Any fines or LVNs charged to tenants as a result of violations of the conditions set forth below will be billed to property directly upon discovery. Tenants will have ten days from receipt of bill to pay fines or LVNs charged.
Again, we expect you to behave as you would in your parent’s home.
1. No open fires or flames are to be anywhere inside or outside of the home. Any violation of this important safety rule will be subject to a $500.00 fine.
2. All homes must remain clean and sanitary at all times. If a home is not deemed to be clean and sanitary by the Landlords, the landlords may arrange for cleaning service for the home. The charge for the cleaning service will be paid by the tenants.
3. The maximum occupancy limit for all our homes is 10 persons. Violations will result in a LVN.
4. In order to receive maximum deposit return; your home must be delivered to landlord(s) at the end of the lease term in the same condition as it was when you moved in. Your deposit will be used to cover any damage done to the property for your lease term, with the exception of damage caused by natural disaster. This means that all windows, window screens, all exterior and interior doors and door jams, all leather furniture and exterior siding shall remain intact and is not to be broken and or busted. Again, your deposit will be used to cover any damage done to the property for your lease term, with the exception of damage caused by natural disaster. A carpet cleaning fee on homes with carpet, and a cleaning fee will come out of all deposits at the end of the lease term.
5. Do not tamper with smoke detectors. Violations will result in a $50 fine for each smoke detector found to be disabled or compromised. Call us if detectors are chirping, that means they need batteries.
6. No beer kegs are permitted on the premises. This is a University of Dayton rule and applies to off campus housing, as well. Violations will result in a LVN.
7. All garbage must be disposed of regularly in the approved trash bins provided. Trash pickup is on Wednesday morning. Trash or litter that is left in any interior or exterior common or public area shall result in a minimum of $150 (or cost incurred by landlords) fine per occurrence. This will be enforced! All trash outside in the yard, porches, or flowerbeds are to be picked up before going in for the night.
8. Our homes and the immediate area around the homes are smoke free. Violations shall result in a $100 fine per occurrence for residents and/or their guests. Any evidence of smoking (cigarette butts in the yard, etc.) is sufficient cause for levying the fine and or issuing an LVN.
9. All our homes, interior and exterior, are pet free. Violations shall result in a $200 fine per occurrence for tenants and may result in a LVN. Landlord encountering any pets on the premises, or evidence thereof, is sufficient cause to initiate the $200 fine and an LVN. No pets of any kind are allowed, no overnight pets of guests or parents are allowed. No visiting pets are allowed.
10. Do not climb out through windows onto house rooftops. No standing, sitting, laying or sunbathing on the rooftops. There will be a $200 fine and may result in a LVN issued for anyone found violating this rule.
11. No swimming pools. No exceptions.
12. Do not leave windows open as it invites stray cats, bugs, etc. No items are to be kept outside on the porches, patios, or around the house. This includes furniture (other than plastic chairs, etc.) and any other items that may detract from the appearance of the neighborhood.
13. No landlord provided furniture or fixtures are to be outside of the home. This includes all leather furniture, kitchen chairs, tables, end tables, doors, beds, etc. No exceptions! Any furniture outside of the home will result in a $500 fine per occurrence. The reason for this rule is based on a past experience. Several years ago, we found a $5,800.00 leather living room set outside in the backyard of one our homes in the pouring rain!
14. No carving of any woodwork in any of our homes. Only 3M tape to be used for any wall hangings. No exceptions! Any damage to any woodwork will result in a charge to fix the woodwork and a Lease Violation Notice being issued.
15. You are not to draw on or paint on any walls inside or outside the home. Any wall hangings are to be hung with 3M tape only. Violations will result in a charge to fix each hole or other damage to the walls.
16. No dart boards are permitted.
17. Flush only toilet paper down commodes. No tampons, paper towels, etc.
18. You are responsible for replacing any burned out light bulbs. We will replace light bulbs in the high ceiling fixtures if we are requested to do so.
19. Do not bring any flammable liquids into the house. No exceptions.
20. No grills of any kind, gas, charcoal or other are allowed on front or back porches. Grills must remain more than five feet away from the outside of the homes. No open fires or flames are to be anywhere inside or outside of the home. Any violation of this important safety rule will be subject to a $500.00 fine.
21. Do not overload the washer and dryer and empty the lint trap after every load.
22. As the leasing tenants, you are responsible for the actions and behaviors of all your guests and for any damage they do to the home or any neighbor’s property.
23. If the premises are partially destroyed by fire or other casualty, repairs shall be made by the Landlord as quickly as reasonably possible. In the case the damage shall be so extensive as to render the premises uninhabitable; the lease shall abate until the premises are repaired. If the premises are partially or wholly destroyed or damaged as to require rebuilding and the landlord decides not to rebuild; then upon giving the Lessees three days’ notice of intent not to rebuild, this lease shall be terminated. If damage to premises is determined by an independent agency to have occurred through negligence by the Lessees or their guests, the Lessees will be held responsible for all damages.
24. No jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Any violation of this rule will result in eviction! No exceptions period!
25. All tenants shall be responsible for keeping all granite counter and granite kitchen table tops in the condition they were when they moved in.
26. No additional beds or bedding or futons are allowed to be brought into our homes by tenants.
27. No public urination or urination outside of homes are permitted. Violations of rule will result in fine of $200 and a possible LVN being issued.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE RECEIVE ON A REGULAR BASIS REQUESTS FOR RENTAL REFERENCES. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE BEST REFERENCE FROM US; PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOR THE ABOVE RULES.
PARENTS AND/OR UNIVERSITY OFFICIALS MAY BE CONTACTED FOR VIOLATIONS OF ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES; CONTINUOUS VIOLATIONS MAY BE CAUSE FOR EVICTION OF OCCUPANTS.
ALL ACTS OF VIOLENCE TO OTHERS OR TO THE PROPERTY WILL BE REPORTED TO UD FACULTY IMMEDIATELY AND WILL RESULT IN A LVN.
AGAIN, WE EXPECT YOU TO BEHAVE AS YOU WOULD IN YOUR PARENT’S HOME!